Court FAQs and Rules
MUNICIPAL COURT FAQS
- All pagers, beepers, and cell phones shall be turned off or silenced. Any disruptions from those devices in court may lead to a fine, a charge of Contempt of Court and/or confiscation of such device.
- No weapons of any kind are permitted in the court room.
- No food, beverage or tobacco products.
- Hats and non-prescription sunglasses may not be worn in the court room.
- Proper attire is required. No tank tops or shorts, ripped or torn jeans, tube or halter tops, baggy pants that fall below the waist, T-shirts depicting violence, sexual acts, profanity, or illegal drugs, Shoes are required.
- Be on time, stand when speaking to the Judge, only approach the bench when instructed to do so, do not talk to others while court is in session, and enter and leave the courtroom quietly.