A Special Election for Council Post 3 will be held on November 3rd, in conjunction with the Presidential Election. The purpose of electing a Council Member is to fill the unexpired, one (1) year term. Qualifying for Council Post 3 took place on, August 17th through August 21st.
The following Tyrone Citizens are your Candidates for the November 3rd Special Election:
Mr. Billy Campbell Dr. Danny Dolan
Mr. Matt Griffin Mr. Eric T. Woods SR.
Campaign signage is treated the same as all other signage in the Town. There are different requirements for signs on residential and non-residential (commercial) properties. All signage shall be located outside the Town’s road Right-of-Way (R/W). R/W varies per the chart below:
Signs on Residential Properties
- Temporary Stake-in signs: residential lots shall be allowed no more than four (4) freestanding temporary signs not to exceed six (6) square feet each sign. Temporary Stake-in signs shall not exceed four feet in height. No permit is required.
- Banners: Banners shall not be more than twenty-four (24) square feet in size to be displayed not more than 30 days in a calendar year. Banners shall not extend more than four (4) feet above grade when mounted on the ground. A permit is not required.
Signs on Commercial Properties
- Temporary Stake-in signs: Each parcel containing a single business shall be allowed not more than eight (8) aggregate square feet of temporary signage. Each parcel containing multiple businesses shall be allowed not more than twelve (12) aggregate square feet of temporary signage. No temporary sign shall be greater than four (4) feet in height. A permit shall not be required.
- Banners: Banners shall be allowed for a period not exceeding 21 days, with not more than four such 21-day periods being permitted per calendar year.
- Size. Banners shall not be more than 32 square feet. A permit shall be required.
- Height. No banner shall be mounted so as to extend above the horizontal plane of the roof where the building wall and roof meet or shall not extend more than five feet above grade when on the ground.