Municipal Complex Project
The Town of Tyrone has been working with the architectural firm Goodwyn, Mills and Cawood (GMC) for over a year on the design of a new building that will house Town Hall, the Police Department, and the Municipal Court in order to better serve our citizens into the future.
The building will be located directly across Senoia Road from Shamrock Park on 3.5 acres that was recently purchased from Mr. Harlie Deyton. This location will make the new building a beautiful centerpiece for the downtown area and, as one citizen put it, “provide an anchor for future development.”
This building will be approximately 20,000 s.f. and will include a combined Council Chambers & Courtroom, various meeting spaces, and extra office space to accommodate future growth. The total budget for this project is $5,000,000 and is funded through a bond, SPLOST dollars, and General Fund reserves.
Our contractor, Parrish Construction, expects to break ground in November 2019, begin “going vertical” in January 2020, and complete the project in approximately nine months.
- July 9, 2020 – Rooftop HVAC units installed; tilework begins in restrooms.
- July 7, 2020 – Site/Parking Lot lighting installed.
- June 26, 2020 – Employee building tours and contractor luncheon.
- June 25, 2020 – Drive-under structure for the Police Department completed.
- June 15, 2020 – Brick work begins.
- June 11, 2020 – Drywall begins.
- May 19, 2020 – Windows installed.
- May 11, 2020 – Roof decking completed.
- May 3, 2020 – Elected officials & employees attend “top out” event and sign the last roof truss (installed on the northwest corner).
- April 28, 2020 – Roof truss installation begins.
- April 6, 2020 – Framing begins.
- April 3, 2020 – Structural steel for the tower structure erected.
- April 1, 2020 – The foundation is poured.
- March 11, 2020 – The footings are poured.
- January 20, 2020 – Site work/grading began.
- December 9, 2019 – The site property lines were staked off and planning for the initial site work began.
- December 5, 2019 – The Town Council approved the Guaranteed Maximum Price (for buildout) at $4,396,529
- November 7, 2019 – The Town held a groundbreaking ceremony for the new building.
- October 17, 2019 – The Town Council approved a resolution authorizing the sale of the facility property to the PFA by limited warranty deed as well as the execution of an installment sale agreement with the PFA.
- October 17, 2019 – The Public Facilities Authority (PFA) approved moving forward with the issue of a revenue bond in the amount of $4,395,000 and the execution of an installment sale agreement with the Town.
- October 5, 2019 – “Soft Reveal” of front elevation and details about the new building to the public at Founder’s Day event.
- May 9, 2019 – The Town’s first meeting with the full build team – GMC and Parrish Construction.
- May 2, 2019 – Parrish Construction was awarded the contract to serve as the Construction Manager at Risk (General Contractor) for the new building by the Town Council.
- March 11, 2019 – A Request For Proposal for a Construction Manager/General Contractor was released.
- February 7, 2019 – 3.47 acres was purchased from Mr. Harlie Deyton to serve as the new permanent home of Town Hall, the Police Department, and Municipal Court. The property is located directly across Senoia Road from Shamrock Park.
- August 27, 2018 – First design meeting with GMC.
- August 16, 2018 – Goodwyn, Mills, and Cawood (GMC) was awarded the contract to serve as the Architect for the new building by Town Council.
- January 2018 – Staff was tasked with researching and making plans for the development of a new facility to house Town Hall, Police, and Court.