Fines and Fees
PAYMENT OF FINES:
All fines are payable by CASH, MONEY ORDER, CASHIER CHECK, OR CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS . There is a 4% service fee for credit/debit card payments. The service fee is not collected by the Town of Tyrone, therefore this fee will show on your credit card statement as a second transaction.
Money Orders and Cashier checks should be made payable to Tyrone Municipal Court. If you chose not to appear in court and your violation is not a mandatory court appearance (see mandatory court appearances), payments are due by the Friday prior to your court date. The only exception is online payments, which you may pay up to 4 p.m. on the day prior to your court date.
You must sign the back of your citation(s) and return it with your payment. If you do not have your citation, you must pay either in person or online.
PAY ONLINE: For you convenience, we offer secure online payments. Click here to pay online.
YOU MAY PAY IN PERSON: 945 Senoia Road, Monday – Friday,8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Or for your convenience a 24 hr payment drop box is located adjacent to our front entrance. NO CASH in the drop box please. Please sign the back of your citation and return with your payment. If you would like a receipt, please include a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
BY MAIL TO: Tyrone Municipal Court 945 Senoia Road Tyrone, GA 30290. Please sign the back of your citation and return with your payment. If you would like a receipt, please include a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
MANDATORY COURT APPEARANCES:
- Any Alcohol or Drug Offense
- Suspended License
- Driving Without a License
- Reckless Driving
- Fleeing/Attempting to Elude
- Hit and Run
- Passing a School Bus
- Disorderly Conduct
- Any offense that may result in the suspension of driving privileges, to include suspendable offense under the Georgia Teenage Driver’s Responsibility Act. If you are under 21 years of age and have questions as to whether your offense will result in a suspension, please contact the Department of Driver Services 404-657-9300 or www.dds.ga.gov
No Insurance (if you did not have insurance on the day you were charged)If you have insurance, you may bring your proof to the court office and pay the fine without appearing in court.
FINE AMOUNTS: The below listed violations may be paid without a court appearance If your violation is not listed, please call 770-487-4732 for additional assistance.
- 11 to 14 mph over the speed limit – – $140
- 15 to 23 mph over the speed limit – $175
- 24 to 33 mph over the speed limit – $ $245
- NOTE: Under age 21 must appear in court for any violation 24 mph or more over the speed limit.
- GEORGIA SUPER SPEEDER 85 mph ON A FOUR LANE ROAD, 75 MPH ON A TWO LANE ROAD. ADDITIONAL FINE AMOUNT ACCESSED BY THE STATE.
- Traffic Light Violation – $119.00; involving an accident – $196.00
- Stop Sign – $119.00; involving an accident – $196.00
- RR Crossing $119.00; involving an accident – $196.00
- Move Over Law – $294.00
- Following To Closely – $119.00; involving an accident – $196.00
RIGHT OF WAY
- Failure to Yield- $119.00; involving an accident – $196.00
- Obstructing an Intersection- $119.00; involving an accident – $196.00
- Improper Backing – $119.00 involving an accident -$196.00
- Headlights, Taillights, Brake Lights – $77
- Tires – $77
- Unsafe or improperly equipped – $77
SEAT BELT VIOLATIONS:
- Children 5 & Under – $50.00
- Children 8 to17 – $35.00
- Over age 17 – $15.00
- Expired Tag – $140.00
- No Tag – $140.00
- No License on Person – $14
- Expired Drivers License -$105
- Failure to Change Address – $77
- Violation of Class D License – $105
- No Proof of Insurance -$35.00 (must show proof that insurance was valid when citation was issued)
- No Insurance (required court appearance)
TOWN ORDINANCE VIOLATIONS:
- No Thru Traffic $108.00
- Animals Running At Large
- 1st – $162.00
- 2nd – $378.00
- 3rd – Required Court Appearance
The bond amounts listed above are amounts without a court appearance. If you choose to appear in court, there is no additional court fee but the Judge will review on case by case basis and fines may or may not be as listed above.