The Town of Tyrone is constantly striving to better our sustainability and environmental quality. Our mission is to make a community-wide effort to minimize pollution by promoting the reduction of resource consumption and by controlling the detrimental effects of storm water runoff.
Our Town policies have been developed in accordance with Federal and State regulations. By partnering with citizens, businesses, and other organizations, Tyrone is making great strides in an effort to protect our environment. We encourage our citizens to practice environmentally sustainable lifestyles by offering educational materials about conservation located at Town Hall and at the Tyrone library.
- Georgia EPD Water Conservation & Drought Monitoring Page
- Fayette County Water System – Outdoor Watering Restrictions
- Water Conservation Tips
- Low Flow Valves Save You Money
Septic Tank & Sewer Information
- Fayette County Environmental Health Department
- Septic Pollution Prevention Tips
- Get Pumped on Septic (Why you should inspect your tank)
- Fats, Oils, & Grease (is F.O.G. threatening your plumbing?)
- Do’s & Don’ts for F.O.G. Management
Landscaping & Irrigation
The Town holds one annual event to offer an opportunity for our citizens to become active participants in bettering our Town’s environment:
The Town of Tyrone is committed to continuing making great efforts towards becoming a Green Community. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the environment in which you live, please feel free to contact the Environmental Planning Technician by email or by phone at 770-487-4038 ext. 103.