- Permitting – Includes the collection of fees, processing of requests for permits and inspections, and providing information to the public.
- Plans examination – Includes the review of plans and related construction documents for minimum code compliance prior to permit issuance.
- Inspection – Includes verification that structures are built in accordance with the approved plans, construction codes and within the scope of the permit.If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact the Zoning and Development Coordinator by email or by phone at 770-487-4038 ext. 108.
- Place the public’s welfare above all other interests and recognize that the chief function of government is to serve the best interest of all the people.
- Demonstrate integrity and honesty in all transactions and constantly strive for excellence in all matters of ethical conduct.
- Recognize the continuing need for developing improved safety.
- Maintain professional competence in all areas of employment responsibility.
- Enforce the construction codes with fairness and impartiality.
Homeowner/Builder Resource Guides:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Residential Accessory Structures Guide
- Residential Basement Finish Guide
- Uncovered Deck & Porch Guide
- Residential Additions to Single Family Dwellings Guide
- Patio Cover Guide
- Pole Barn Guide
- Residential Pool Building Guide
- Georgia Prescriptive Deck Details
Residential Home Permit Process (Builders please read)
New Commercial Construction Permit Process (Builders please read)